Art Quotes that feed my head and speak to my soul

04 June 2010

"Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known."
-Oscar Wilde


"Thanks to art, instead of seeing a single world, our own, we see it multiply until we have before us as many worlds as there are original artists."
- Marcel Proust


"A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing."
- William Dobell


"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
- Eckhart Tolle


"I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious."
- Andrew Wyeth


"The emotions are sometimes so strong that I work without knowing it. The strokes come like speech."
- Vincent Van Gogh


"Art is a fruit that grows in man, like a fruit on a plant, or a child in its mother’s womb."
- Jean Arp


"One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself."
- Leonardo da Vinci


"Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment."
- Claude Monet


"Painting is stronger than me, it makes me do its bidding."
- Pablo Picasso

0 comments:

Post a Comment