Beene's 100 Days of Musix

14 June 2011

A friend on Facebook set fourth the challenge... after a few months of chicken feathers, I've finally decided to dive in.

Day 1 - your favorite song (this is the hardest one....)

I have 2 favourite songs:

"The Emperor's New Clothes" by Sinead O'Connor
I've loved this song from the first time I heard it. Something in it rocks me to the bones. Almost 20 years later, it hits home harder than ever.

"There's millions of people, who offer adivce, and say how I should be. But they're twisted and they will never be any influence on me... You know how it is, and how a pregnancy can change you. I've seen plenty of clothes that I like, but I won't go anywhere nice for a while. All I want to do is just sit here, and write it all down, and rest for a while... Whatever it may bring, I will live by my own policies, I will sleep with a clear conscience, I will sleep in peace..."





and "Yes, Anastasia" by Tori Amos
The music moves into me, we shapeshift together, curves, hard edges, skipping through timelines like stones on a great sonic ocean...
"We'll see how brave you are" has been a mantra for me through the years. It's been a rock for me through some of the fiercest storms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment