"Hallow's Eve" (new painting!)

20 June 2011

"Hallow's Eve" is a mixed media (graphite, water soluable crayons, and watercolour) painting, inspired by a sacred tome, written by my mother.

The figure in the painting ended up resembling me, on accident. I was using a photo of myself, which I took to help with the sketching stage of the piece; although I had intended to change the features, they came through as very me-like, in the end. Since the figure is supposed to represent Morgana Le Fey, an incarnation of the Lady of the Heavens, I wanted her to have a Celt/Welsh appearance, and I think I've managed that rather well, so mission accomplished!

Overall, I'm really pleased with how it turned out... don't you just love all the little sparkling souls/stars ?



(By the way, in case you were wondering : the "blue stuff" is masking fluid, which was removed in the last phases of painting.)

1 comments:

Cameron said...

Gorgeous...I was enthralled watching this! :)

Post a Comment