Summer Roses

27 August 2013

I'm not much for summertime... but there is one thing that I adore, above all, about this season: ROSES! Maybe it's because I'm named for them, but I've always felt an affinity to roses; I love the way that they are both delicate and fierce at the same time.

 



The rose that lives its little hour is prized beyond the sculptured flower. "
- William C. Bryant
 




" There is nothing more difficult for a truly creative painter than to paint a rose, because before he can do so he has first to forget all the roses that were ever painted." - Henri Matisse
 


All her lovely companions Are faded and gone."
 

4 comments:

Glenda Hoagland said...

Bonnie Rose, I love this post. The pictures are exquisite I think my favorite is the Black Rose. I love the smell of Roses. Thanks so much for sharing

Lucy Chen said...

Hi Bonnie Rose, I love this post, too! And the black rose is also my favourite! The centre is glowing and floating! It looks almost unreal! Like something in the faery realm!

Bonnie Rose Bryan said...

Thanks, Glenda and Lucy :)
It's so surprising and interesting how the slightest little implimentation of efects can create an entirely different image. I feel like there are hundreds of photos sleeping inside every photo, just unseen, until one brings them fourth into our visual reality.

Cameron said...

My daughter's middle name is Rose, also.....it is such a beautiful flower and makes everything around it that much more happy. Perfect for little girls (and grown ones) too :)

Post a Comment