Frida II

06 September 2013

 A second go at drawing Frida Kahlo...

A much more successful likeness than the first, and even though it has its share of imperfections, I really like this drawing. I feel that I'm achieving a much better sense of dimension with my recent work; each one, a step in the right direction.

Frida II
graphite on A4 paper
6 September 2013

"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?" - Frida Kahlo



"Painting completed my life." - Frida Kahlo
 
  

"I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim,
 and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling." - Frida Kahlo


... 7 faces done, 22 to go.

6 comments:

Coreopsis said...

Nice drawing! It has a wonderful sense of solidity.

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

Beautiful drawing … and lovely honor to the amazing Frida!

Faye said...

Such an expert drawing of Frida. You did an excellent job.

lee said...

wow, that drawing is beautiful, you got the likeness down

Erika Nittel-Traser said...

I love, love, love your painting. It is looking like a painting from Frida herself. Wonderful!
Hugs
ErikA

Deborah said...

A fantastic likeness and a beautiful sketch xx

Post a Comment