La Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Clermont-Ferrand

04 January 2014

The first painting of the new year!

" La Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Clermont-Ferrand "
watercolour, graphite, and ink on A4 paper

This is the grand, gothic cathedral from my downtown. It's poised high on a hill top, with its black lavastone spires looming over the city like something out of Mordor... I love it!





I wanted to capture the energy I feel from this building, without using "real" colours (which in this case would be black, black, and more black.) I opted for a cool pallet, sparked with flashes of gold.

My mental mantra was "keep it loose"



I endeavor to paint more local cityscapes... 



Happy New Year, 2014 !!!
Good health and happiness to you and yours. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment